“It is the intent of the Legislature to ensure that homeowners and residents of mobilehome parks have the right to peacefully assemble and freely communicate with one another and with others with respect to mobilehome living or for social or educational purposes.” California Civil Code § 798.50

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Who's On-Call?

I thought I would share my problem with all of you to keep the homeowners informed.

I've lived in Greenbrier for almost 6 years. My home backs up to the fence connecting to the townhomes. Occasionally their sprinkler system will break and flood my back yard. I've always just placed a call to the park office and it was fixed the next day. Under the new management, and also a reflection on J&H, the following happened to me over the holiday weekend.

I called the park office on 9/3/07 at 4:33am to inform them of the sprinkler system flooding. On 9/4/07 at 12:30am I am being flooded again. This is a geyser that is hitting my home as well. It is loud enough to wake up my neighbor Ron, myself and my son. It will again go off at 4:15am too. Can't wait.

The reason I am writing is I called the pager today 9/4/07 and Bobby returned my call. I asked him why the sprinklers were still going and did anyone call the townhome manager there. Bobby then told me that the park office is closed for the holiday. This has never happened before when there was a set of managers (Manager husband/wife & Asst. Manger husband/wife). The calls were ALWAYS picked up.

I then asked Bobby if anyone had picked up the calls and he said NO, he does NOT even have keys to the office. I asked if he could give me the townhome manager's number so I could call and make her aware of all the water loss she's having and he again told me he does not have access to the park office and that it was closed. I told Bobby that the "office closure" is not notated on the office answering machine. He told me that there is a note on the office window in the clubhouse. COME ON... how many wander down there when they have left a message 24 hours prior?

I'm frustrated for the loss of sleep for my son and myself, never mind the pounding my back yard is taking. I'm frustrated to know that I could have resolved this myself had I known that the office was CLOSED and my complaint fell on deaf ears.

I've also emailed and called George at J&H.

Denise Smith

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to update you...



When I came home from work on Wednesday 9/5/07 I had a message from Carlos on my answering machine to call him. By the time the message finished playing on the machine Carlos was already parked in front of my house and Bobby was there on his motorcycle.



Carlos was pleasant and told me that as soon as he got my message on Tuesday (I left the message on Monday morning 4:15am) he not only called the townhome association but also mailed them a letter. He has confirmed with the manager that the sprinklers were fixed this morning, Wed.



I did tell him it would be nice if the machine had stated that they were closed and no one would pick up messages over the holiday weekend. He said they never change the message but maybe they should!!!

I told him many people don't go down to the clubhouse and if they do it is not a daily thing. That had I heard that message, I would have handled it myself in the morning.



Regardless, I wanted you to know this has been handled and he was pleasant. Very late, but it is done. :)